MIDDLE SCHOOL MESSAGES
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- Celebrating different cultures check out this week’s lunch menu:
- Wednesday, January 22nd:
Beef Stroganoff over noodles. Beef stroganoff originated in Russia. Beef stroganoff consists of beef and served in a sauce with smetana(sour cream).
- Thursday, January 23rd:
Lasagna Roll-Ups. Lasagne is a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta and originated in Italy.
- Friday, January 24th:
Chicken Fajitas. Fajitas are any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. It originated in both Mexico and Texas.
- 7th and 8th grade girls interested in softball, please sign your name on the sign up sheets on m.s. table.
- Found in gym - black Chronograph watch - claim in middle school office.
- The following students please inform Ms. Street in the media center whether or not you are participating in the spelling bee: Hunter Sudheimer, Parker Honl, and Brayden Dent
- Order your yearbook! Yearbooks will be $22. Use link: ybpay.lifetouch.com with code: 13680620 to order online. Or if you would like to pay by check, make checks payable to Central Middle School and bring to Ms. Kronlokken. Order deadline is March 30th!
- Special study hall this Friday. Please bring your coupon and money for DQ. Mrs. Wroge will walk you to DQ for a treat and you will walk back to play games.
- If you won the coupon to choose a No Homework Day see Mrs. Curson by this Friday.
- If you won the March Madness first round bye, please let your CT teacher know.
- FFA – the next FFA meet will be Friday, January 24 in Montgomery for the contest areas of meats, forestry, and small animals. Interested students should sign-up in Mr. Mesik’s room no later than January 14. Practice times are available.
- FFA – We’re going to the World’s Toughest Rodeo in St. Paul again this year! Tickets are $15 and we’re going to the Friday, January 24 event, leaving at 5 pm. The sign-up sheet is in Mr. Mesik’s room. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis, so sign-up and pay soon.
- Community Ed Summer Ball Program and Youth Crow River Summer green Registration Forms available by the office - deadline is Feb. 28.
- Students: YOU are encouraged to nominate your peers that exhibit the characteristics of Raider Pride for January which are Proactive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determined and Engaged. You can nominate them by placing their name in the Raider Pride box in the Guidance Office.
- On Saturday, January 25th, at Central High School, the boys and girls basketball teams will all be playing games. At half time of the 7:30pm girls varsity basketball game, the Central Booster Club will be doing their annual Airplane Toss with hundreds of prizes to give away. There will also be a Silent Auction. Fun for all ages! Please join us!
- Game Times:
- 3pm - Boys and Girls C squad games
- 4:30pm - Boys’ and Girls’ JV games
- 6pm - Boys’ Varsity
- 7:30pm - Girls Varsity (Airplane Toss during Halftime)
- Good luck 7th and 8th grade boys’ basketball at home vs TCU. 7th grade at 4:15 and 8th grade at 5:15.
- 7th and 8th grade girls’ basketball practice from 3:15 - 4:30.
Happy Birthday to students with birthdays this week:
Jan. 22 - Ariana Maganda Jan. 25 - Emmitt Barthel
Jan. 25 - Carson Gutknecht
7th hour schedule is:
- 6th grade band
- 7th and 8th grade choir
- Tuesday MAP class students report to Mrs. Fuhrman’s room.
- All other students report to your Tuesday study hall